Sunday 8 January 2012

Print Screens Of Contents Page



After completely changining my colour scheme while creating my front cover on photoshop i then changed my contents page on Quark. I realised that i wanted all my images on one side and all my text on the other so it is split up into 2 colums using the quark tool that allowed you to move them around and adding an extra image that conotes music and goes with my double page spread article. Then adding 6 boxes using the text box tool down the sides in black, red and grey to include the different sections of my magazine. Also using photoshop i added 'this month' to the top of my contents page a used a shadow effect so it enables it to stand out showing people what my magazine will include this month.

After looking at other contents pages i realised that they don't have much spare space showing and it's all very full and crazy therefore i added a black line inbetween my to colums using the rectangle tool and filled it in black by clicking on the colour square at the bottom of the page so the spaced was filled and they looked alot more like 2 coloums because there was a line sperating them. I also didnt like how there was alot of white at the top of my page so i added a grey rectange underneithe the title again using the rectangle Quark tool that goes along the top which i think makes the title stand out more.
 With my boxes down the side they need headlines inside them to show people what is in each section of my magzine. I used a white Quark text box and black writing because black stands out on white therefore making it easier to read and attention grabbing. I also added the realse date under this month which is smaller and helps the reader know what issuse she has.


I started with regulars because thats one of the first things your reader reads. Each article in the magazine has a page number to help the reader find what they want to read. In in each section i start with the lowest page number this is because its part of the codes and conventions of a real contents page. 

From then on I added the same colour and size headline to each box but changed the font to make the contents page more intresting for the reader. Aslo adding the things that will appear in my magazine and the page number to go with it. For the last box which is 'The Cover' I added a little bit about them this is becuase they are the main storys in my magazine and appear on the front cover I had to make this box the biggest by using the re size Quark tool.

This is my final contents i added the last picture by importing it from my files and using the tool 'scale picture to box' this means it moved the picture to fit the box that i drawn out. I also changed the font of each section so they were all matching making it less crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment